The following is a selection of completed copywriting and editing projects. Other projects not listed include articles, brochures, emails (internal and marketing), internal documents, interviews, newsletters, SEO, slogans and taglines, web copy and websites.
Copywriting• I created five new documents, totalling 33,000 words, for a medical group. The work also involved updating existing information, and verifying and compiling data. Since this project required handling confidential information, including patient feedback, the name of the group cannot be listed here. If you would like more details, please let me know and I can put you in touch with one of the project co-ordinators. – NEW!
• Via Patricia Lane of Franco-American Quill: Event brochure for Victor Buck Services‘s trade show in Amsterdam, December 2019. Please contact Patricia for more information: email@example.com. – NEW!
• International Organisation for Migration (IOM): I interviewed twelve people who had temporarily returned to their homelands with the help of IOM. Their purpose was to carry out various developmental projects, from beekeeping to providing medical care. The interviews were then crafted into short first-person articles. You can download the publication here:
Migration and Development: Migrant Stories
Please note that proofreading was conducted by another organisation.
***• Assistance Software (now Unit4): Assistance Software asked me to interview a number of their clients for case studies they could place on their site.
I wrote the case studies for: Advent One, Bruisten AEC, CPS, Clients First, Customer Dynamics, De Jong en Partners, Edgewater Fullscope (formerly Zero2Ten), Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership, Konstruktieburo Snetselaar, Ledgeview, Sikich (formerly Altico Advisors), and Wavin.
***• Tommy Hilfiger: Tommy Hilfiger in the Netherlands was running a series of exclusive promotions for newsletter subscribers. I was asked to write the heading and subheading accompanying each image. The heading served a double purpose as the subject line of each email. I was also asked to proofread other promotional material.
***IGC International, via BTS Rotterdam: I wrote a flyer and brochure for distribution at events and exhibitions, and a presentation booklet for their members.
Editing and Proofreading – Non-Fiction• DutchNews.nl: Proofreader of daily newsletters. I also proofread their first paper edition of A Dictionary of Dutchness, which is now available online.
***• Amazon Your Business: I proofread the first edition of this book. Amazon Your Business is essential reading for anyone interested in business and sustainability, especially since it has directly contributed to the success of businesses in the region.
***• European Energy Review, now Energy Post: I edited individual articles, as well as the final text of the paper version, for three issues of the magazine (just before it went digital).
***• Cool Freezers via BTS Rotterdam: SEO and copyediting of website.
Editing and Proofreading – Fiction• The Thing About Tilly by G Benson – NEW!
I conducted developmental, line and copy-editing for G Benson’s novel, The Thing About Tilly (112K words). Nominated for a Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award in the category Ann Bannon Popular Choice in 2021.
• The Fine Point of his Soul
I edited Julie Bozza’s gothic novel, The Fine Point of his Soul.
• Kira and the Bubble Gum Tree
I edited Kristine Tauch’s children’s book, Kira and the Bubble Gum Tree.
*** • Manifold Press and Ylva Publishing
I edited (developmental, line and/or copy-editing) or proofread the following novels for Manifold Press and Ylva Publishing. Please note that the links lead to excerpts of the novels and therefore may contain strong language.
• Aloes by Chris Quinton
• Calon Lân by Elin Gregory
• Dear Mister President by Adam Fitzroy
• The Definitive Albert J. Sterne by Julie Bozza
• The Devil in Dead Horse by Jane Elliot
• Eleventh Hour by Elin Gregory
• End of the Trail by Jane Elliot
• Escaping From Him by Liam Livings
• Fool’s Errand by Chris Quinton
• Fool’s Rush by Chris Quinton
• Harbinger Island by Dorian Dawes
• Hunted by Liz Powell
• A Night with the Knight of the Burning Pestle by Julie Bozza
• Montana Red by Jane Elliot
• No Holds Bard (Anthology)
• Ravages by R.A. Padmos
• Sea Change by Chris Quinton
• Spring Flowering by Farah Mendlesohn
• This Means War by Jane Elliot
• Thrace by Penelope Friday
• A Threefold Cord by Julie Bozza
• To the Left of Your North Star by Michelle Peart
• The ‘True Love’ Solution by Julie Bozza
• Under Leaden Skies by Sandra Lindsey
• The Walled Garden by F.M. Parkinson
• All At Sea by Cheyenne Blue (Nominated for a Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award in the category Best Contemporary Romance: Long in 2021)
• Daughter of Fire: Conspiracy of the Dark by Karen Frost (Nominated for a Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award in the category Best Young Adult in 2020)
• Daughter of Fire: The Darkness Rising (sequel to Conspiracy of the Dark) by Karen Frost (Nominated for a Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award in the category Best Science-Fiction/Fantasy in 2020)
• Fenced-In Felix by Cheyenne Blue
• The Love Factor by Quinn Ivins (Finalist for a Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award in the category Best New Novel in 2021)
• Never Too Late For Heroes by A.L. Brooks (Nominated for a Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award in the category Best Science-Fiction/Fantasy in 2021)
• Pink by KD Williamson
• Primal Touch by Amber Jacobs
• Punk and Zen Part 1: The Remix by J.D. Glass
• Queerly Loving, Volume 1 (Anthology)
• Queerly Loving, Volume 2 (Anthology)
• Reintegration by Eden S. French
• Scissor Link by Georgette Kaplan
• Shadow Haven by A.J. Schippers
• Slammed by Lola Keeley
• Under Parr by Andrea Bramhall
• Who’d Have Thought by G. Benson (Winner of the Golden Crown Literary Society’s Goldie Award for Best Contemporary Romance: Long in 2018.)
* Voor mijn Nederlandse bezoekers: Ik spreek zowel Engels als Nederlands, dus u kunt voor vragen over schrijven en copywriting in beide talen bij mij terecht.